Wednesday 18 November 2015

Souring the Highschool sweetheart

I probably should leave the part about my relationship with women upto your imagination, because it would make for a much better story.

I was ashamed not to have broken up with my highschool sweetheart before leaving. It was completely disingenious. If I had met some adventurous, like minded woman, I believe I would have jumped ship. But there was something else holding me back from dumping her. I think it was kind of like a life line. I knew I was going to get into all sorts of shit, and I wanted to have a plan to have something to come back to. Even though I had a deep suspicion it was a fraud.
Pamela said stupid things that made me cringe. "I want a house that doesn't have stairs," she said. As if I should go and get her a stairless house, or care about some house sometime in the future.  "I won't be able to do any vacuuming because of my back, you'll have to do it."
At that time in my life I was condemned or, perhaps blessed, to live in the moment. Gathering the resources to plan the bike trip was for a few months was about as much as I could muster.
Clearly this woman was trying to push me away whether she knew it or not.
She also notice that I didn't introduce her to other girls as my girlfriend. That's kind of a telltale sign.

The trip was about me exploring the meaning of life, not a search for love or sex, and I'm glad it didn't become that. At the same time almost all my interactions with women were rife with sexual tension. I was essentially the same repressed sex mad teenager I had been a few years prior, and despite being on an awesome motorcycle road trip with black leather jacket and amazing stories, I quite successfully managed to chase off any would be pursuers just by being myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment