Wednesday 18 November 2015

Lost and Found

One night on a beer run next door a beautiful young women approached me and asked me if I wanted to buy some handcrafted jewelery. I was stunned. I said yes, oddly.
Really I just wanted to spend a little time with her.
She showed me a bunch of items I could buy for my girlfriend. They really didn't appeal. Do you have anything fit for a guy?
She pulled out a bead necklace with mushroom penants hanging off. The necklace was nice, but the mushrooms made it look really odd.
How much I asked?
You make an offer.
$10 I said. she blanched. Her boyfriend popped out of the shadows and said the materials to make it were 10 bucks.
I apologized,  offered $15 and they took it.
It was bad before, but having in my possession it was truly ugly thing, likely crafted after a hallucinatory mushroom session. The mushroom penants were gigantic and childish looking.
Do you want me to put it on you?
Yep, I said. That had been the point.
She tied it on. Later on I came to appreciate it. It really completed my hobo look.
We got to talking. They had run off together and were camped up on A mountain.
(*What were their names? Did I write about it anywhere?)

It was a sketchy situation they admitted. Things could get pretty wild out there, but they could be together, and that was important.
I told them about my situation and asked them to come visit sometime and hang out around the fire.
It was odd that I was so drawn to this young woman when she was so clearly taken. Her boyfriend was right there.
They asked about my bike.
Want to see my Harley Davidson? he pulled out his bicycle from beside the building. "It's Hardley a  Davidson," he said more clearly.

 and want to spend a little time with the girl, stunning beauty at Winks. She was selling necklaces she made
Lost and Found
Lost's special craft was writing signs for people. He  had decent penmanship, but more than that, he had a terrific sense of humour. Perfect for sign writing.

When they had fires at their camp the police were called out. Some nasty neighbour just didn't want homeless people keeping warm.

Who are they, where were they from. What would happen to them.
They did show up after all. It was the festive season, and although it was a bruising season for people on the street, the evening was filled with cheer, Tusconians had been generous to the panhandlers and there was beer and everclear too.
Lost asked if anyone else knew the lyrics to the Lion King songs. We all knew of the movie, but no one knew the songs.
That was okay, Lost knew all of the songs by heart. Also all of the dialog. He had been on acid watching the film and was able to commit the whole thing to memory.
too bad really, he had a thin wavering singing voice.
He was inspired by Jim Carey, who himslef had been a street person and now was worth a tonne of money.
Found getting pregnant. Her brother.
Lost said the doctor said he could have children.
Interestingly, it seemed to be everybody's business that she was pregnant and that she get off the street, get back to her parents, go to a shelter. this odd collection of hustling addicts who wouldn't so much as share their real names suddenly wanted to advise this girl. It seemed like a heart warming activity to partake in, but I just didn't believe in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment